The Stepping Stones - Part III

"I'm here, Shadestar. What did you need me for?'' Darkenedheart mewed as he arrived at Shadestar's den.
His Leader smiled her honey-and-poison smile and replied, "There are some friends of mine I would like you to meet."

Almost out of nowhere, three dark shapes, all she-cats, slithered out of the shadowed corners of Shadestar's cave.
Two were silvery grey; one with stripes and one with a dappled pelt, but the other smaller cat was black as night. With great surprise, Darkenedheart recognized the dappled silver she-cat as Streamcloud, Shadowstar's own daughter. The small dark one definitely had the scent of IslandClan, but the TangleClan Deputy could not recall ever coming across her.

Growing impatient, the striped one, the larger of the two silver she-cats spoke. "I am Featherstar, Leader of MistClan."

"And I am Streamcloud, traitor of IslandClan." The spotted silver she-cat smirked.

The small black she-cat replied in kind. "I'm Hollystorm. I'm from IslandClan too but I work for Shadestar."

Shadestar flicked her tail and continued. "You see, my dear Deputy, Hollystorm and Streamcloud are my wonderful informants. They collect information for me because they are both trusted members of IslandClan society, therefore no one would suspect them. And then they meet with Whispernight every half-moon at the stepping stones." The black and white she-cat moved one towards Featherstar.
'Featherstar here -"

The MistClan leader cut in with a warning look at Shadestar who narrowed her eyes but let Featherstar continue. "- We have an agreement. MistClan will help TangleClan get rid of IslandClan if TangleClan will help us settle our score with SunClan, our nemesis. We will rule the remains of those Clans as..' Featherstar chuckled softly to Shadestar, '..Joint Leaders."

The black and white she-cat returned a masking smile but when other Leader turned once again to Darkenedheart, it dropped from her face to be replaced by a sour, dark scowl. Shadestar flicked her tail to dismiss the her 'friends' and retreated back into the shadows of her cave-den.

"Laugh now, mighty Featherstar of MistClan,' She whispered, 'While you are still able to draw a breath. But for present matters, I think I should attend to the prisoner now."

The Story Also Continues in SunClan


2 comments:

  1. (Not to sound impatient, but kind of trying to join with three cats.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Never mind, I don't have enough time to join this blog.)

    ReplyDelete